Sunday, September 23, 2007

my first blog post

Hmmm. Where to start? Purpose.

The point of this blog is to create a dialogue about Internet marketing. I'm an MBA student at DePaul University in Chicago and am taking
a course on Internet marketing. One of our first assignments was to create a blog. So here it is - my first blog post. Although I probably would not have created a blog if it weren't for this class, I think this little adventure will be interesting... to use and to learn about the capabilities of blogs in marketing.

I've been a little hesitant and skeptical about setting up a blog or using such Internet services as MySpace and Facebook. It really has never appealed to me. Part of my disinterest was more about the time and effort involved in keeping the information up to date. We are inundated with tons of information daily and although it's amazing what technology has brought to our fingertips, it consumes a lot of time. So I've been slow to adapt some of these new technologies and applications, but I guess as a marketing student I need to get up to speed!

Setting up my first blog was extremely easy and actually kind of fun. Now lets see if I can keep up on blogging - is that an official verb?

No comments: